java testing a boolean method

Ok, I'm still a ways from done on CrazyEights, and I got sidetracked wondering how the if statement works on a Boolean.   So I made up this little test to check if a Boolean is false or true.

Not sure what purpose it will serve yet, but I wanted it.

private int testing(boolean method) {
  int test = 1;

  if(method) {
   test = 0;
   }

  System.out.println("testing method:  " + test);
  return test;
 }

I have encountered yet another gameplay issue.  If an invalid card is entered, but it is a card in your hand,  It is removing it.....  I only have one method that removes my cards, and it is not executing, so I need to find out why it is removing the cards from my hand.

I'm pretty sure the card is being removed in this function.... But HOW!!!

Update:
The problem was in my Hands class.  For some crazy reason I had this function removing the card if it was found.  When the isValidPlay(); was running, it was checking if the card was in my hand, and this function was removing it.

public boolean contains(Card card) {
   int index = 0;
   boolean contains = false;
   System.out.println(" Hands.contains is executing");
   while(!contains && index < cards.size()) {
    Card compareCard = cards.get(index);
    if(compareCard.equals(card)) {
     cards.remove(index);
     contains = true;
    }
    else {
     index++;
    }
   }
   return contains;
  }

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

playing with color in powershell python

JavaScript Ascii animation with while loops and console.log

playing with trigonometry sin in pygame