props

I realized today I've never mentioned the online resources like https://www.codecademy.com/
 and https://www.khanacademy.org/ .... 

For interacting with the codes and just base seeing what they do and getting practice they are invaluable.  I try and visit them whenever I am starting something new, just to get the feel for something.

They can't give you the raw feel for the kinds of errors and work that goes into writing a program from an editor and running it in a command prompt to see it in raw form, but to just see stuff in action and get a feel for stuff, they are great.

I don't think they are for learning all there is, but as a visual and interactive trainer, I'd recommend them to anyone.  On that note,  I'd say doing stuff from scratch like Zed teaches is fundamental too.  You can't do it without that either.

I sometimes wish I could just enroll in college and go get a real 'education' in computer sciences, but life just isn't going to allow that for me at this point.  Honestly the social constructs of it are just monumental for me too.

I don't think it's necessary to becoming a programmer; there are tons of amazing, brilliant and genius coders that didn't need a college class to learn.  But if I could go back in time, I would have tried. Enough of that.

Learn, do, however you need to.  Just wanted to give credit to those sites, I realized I hadn't, and that seemed wrong.

Just started trying codewars the other night,  seems fun.... will let you know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

playing with color in powershell python

JavaScript Ascii animation with while loops and console.log

playing with trigonometry sin in pygame