omerg....

Apparently python can compare strings ....   'dog' > 'cat' ....  True...  HOW THE HELL did I not know this until now????

Update:  I didn't have to do anything....  My binary tree will just sort the keys if they are strings... I'm still playing but... So far, there are no changes needed to the original binary tree.....

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2257441/random-string-generation-with-upper-case-letters-and-digits-in-python

This little beauty.... !   Had to finess the imports....  but:



Finally asked the right questions in class for someone to say,  'hey,  python does that for you....'

So off to go get that Binary Search Tree re-written,  and get my suffix array written.  I've been stuck for a while now, because it was just like... WHY?   This is crazy!

But python is set up to do this... Just go to write it as such...

So I'll post a newer version of that python Binary String search.  I'll try and get it done today. Shouldn't take long.  Just whip a little into the original.

Still shaking my head... How in the hell ..... Did this never come up in all these conversations?  How did no one else say...  "you just say 'dog' < 'cat'  Nellie.  Python does that."
While I searched Google...  banged my head on a converter....   And it never... never needed done!

Lesson learned... the hard way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

playing with color in powershell python

JavaScript Ascii animation with while loops and console.log

playing with trigonometry sin in pygame