overwhelming

I'm searching the job sites for things like, 'entry level' or 'testing'... things I was told would be a foot in the door for getting into the tech field. 

Holy cow is it overwhelming the amount of experience and skills they want you to possess.  One job was listed as entry level.... here's what was listed for
"what you need to succeed":

MS in Computer Science
Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience in industry
Experience in machine learning technologies, especially in content understanding
Experience with some machine learning frameworks – Scikit, MLPack, TF, SparkMLib, Caffe, …
Experience in building, validating and evaluating of machine learning model
Experience in building feature selection for machine learning
Experience in building distributed systems
Experience with Spark, big data processing, Hadoop.
Hands on experience with Java, Python, and/or C++.
Knowledge of Matlab, R and other tools.
Exposure to Docker, Containerization, AWS.
Exposure to Web services, micro-services, and REST.
Experience in RDBMS & NOSQL database.

There are intern-ships asking for people with Masters and PhD's.... 

There are junior level jobs requiring masters degrees, and 10+ years of experience in stuff that hasn't even been around for more then 7 years.

Maybe I'm doing this all wrong.  How do I get my foot in the door?  What do I search? Where are the jobs that the grunts do?  Where are the jobs for the beginners? They have to exist right? 

I just want to create something, and it would be great to pay the bills while I'm at it.
Hell, I'm awesome at finding errors (since I seem to have found every way to make them happen),  where's that job....  Surely they have someone in a basement somewhere throwing bugs into codes to see what happens.  I'd be happy to do that! 

Getting quite overwhelmed.  Think I'll go try and make python do something silly to cheer me up.  Spam and eggs.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

playing with color in powershell python

JavaScript Ascii animation with while loops and console.log

playing with trigonometry sin in pygame