Hal

With a lot of help from my classmate, io_io, we tried to get lububtu installed on my laptop, but got blackscreened.  It was a great learning experience.

It was a sort of gift, and I didn't want to let it go.  It had a 1.6 GHz processor and 4G mem... so it wasn't anything special otherwise.  Windows... not my favourite.  After setting it aside I pulled out the desktop computer I got for my son 4 years ago.

That's what I'm typing on at the moment... This thing is crazy compared to that laptop.... speed, memory.... and it is from 4 years ago...

My sister, who I will not name, Is a wizard.  A complete badass... and stepped in to fix my laptop.  The only reason I'm not working on it now is she had to run before we could fix why the DNS isn't staying set to the proper digits... it keeps going to home.

No place like 127.0.0.1 -yeah I stole it from a T-shirt

Anyways, that's over my head.  I'm going to try and tinker with it, but I don't want to mess with all the hard work people have done in the last two days to help me save that laptop.  It was glitching hardcore, and I was ready to switch to linux.

Hopefully I'll be back to mashing out some python soon.  While this computer is pretty stocked, since mine is newly upgraded ( other then the internet issue ) I'd rather not wipe out my son's games for ubuntu 17 if I don't have to.

Tempting.... I might in the future... He seemed to be ok with it before his Aunt saved my  laptop, and if I can get into a career... I will definitely need a better machine.

This one's pretty damn good, other then needing an OS upgrade.   Hope to be back with some new stuff.... I'd love to come up with something no one's done, time will tell.

Maybe I'll just go ahead and get python3.6 set up on here in the meantime.... WHY NOT.

Sidenote: I get the feeling sometimes tech is an exclusive club... I just tried searching ways to get python 3.6 onto my ubuntu 12....  it seems like if you don't have the latest software, or the fastest... the most updated... your pretty excluded from being able to participate.

Don't get me started on language barriers.....  Why.... Why do we have to make everything a "Look my terminology is so effluent!"  Universal translation is much more efficient and useful to everyone, quit excluding people!

Kinda like timeit crashing my laptop... why is that thing set to 1 million runs as a default... shouldn't there be a warning, or at least put that as a very bold face in documents. I had to look hard to find that information, and only after lots of searching did I find a reference to it on Stackoverflow to know what to look for.  I understand the newest latest computers will handle it... but a newbie just trying stuff out, trying to get in....  END of rant....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

playing with color in powershell python

JavaScript Ascii animation with while loops and console.log

playing with trigonometry sin in pygame