dictionaries

Started my next lesson on dictionaries in the LMPTHW... 
Its so much to learn.   I had to ask some questions today, and while I had a lot explained to me I still was left thinking... why in the world are we putting 256 Doubly Linked lists into a doubly linked list?  I understand that we don't want the data to be mutable, and that theres a big complicated thing with looking up data in the data storage so that the name lookup needs to be encoded with hash tables and stuff....

I could have kept asking questions, but it felt like I should go explore it on my own.  So I started to write a node to store a key and value.... then I was going to write a linked list to hold that.... and then write a dictionary from what Zed gave us in the book.  But my gremlins came back.  The node I wrote was just like the others,  but when I tried it out.... It wouldn't take parameters,  and it would ititialize without them...

WTH.....  I even made another just like it with different names.... it worked..... copied my DLLNode....  it worked.... 

I swear to goodness.  The gremlins in my computer.  Or I'm going mad.  Either way, time to walk away from this thing and take a break.  Here's what I did.  What the hell??

HOW IN THE HELL DID PYTHON not ERROR on that!!! 
Found it...................................................


class Something(object):

    def __init__(self, top, bottom, shoes):
        self.top = top
        self.bottom = bottom
        self.shoes = shoes

class DicaNode(object):

    def __inti__(self, name, value, link):
        self.name = name
        self.value = value
        self.link = link


class DLLNode(object):
    # I changed the order so that it would be easier to visualize
    # and easier to keep track of.
    def __init__(self, prev, value, nxt):
        # the first node will have no next or previous
        self.value = value
        self.next = nxt
        # previous

#nope = DLLNode() #would not initialize without parameters
#what = Something() # would not initialize without parameters

hair = DicaNode() # would only initialize if given NO parameters.
print(hair)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

playing with color in powershell python

JavaScript Ascii animation with while loops and console.log

playing with trigonometry sin in pygame