LMPTHW

I've moved on to the Learning More Python the hard way book, and one of the first assignments is to kinda dissect the way you program.

I am spastic.  I can be meticulous, and detail oriented.  But when I'm really just plugging away at something, I just write code and make it go.   When I hit a barrier, or when I find myself wondering what the 'F' just happened... That's when I stop and look at what's really going on. 

It's a really bad habit to have, in my opinion.  I've had errors that I fixed by just spazzing my screen until it worked.  Problem is, the process goes so fast like that, that I forget what I did that didn't work and how I got to the solution.  Sometimes (not often), I don't know what was actually causing the error, just that I fixed it. 

So moving forward I will try and stop doing that.  I can't imagine it's a good thing for a beginner like me to do.  I need to learn what was causing the error's, why, and how to fix ones like them. 

Excited to be doing this,  and will share more as I go.  Zed's book tells us to keep track of what we're doing and how we progress,  seems to me that this blog is exactly that. 

I got my doctor/monty/trek game running on 127.0.0.1,  maybe as I move along I'll get to put it on the 'interwebs' for real.  That would be fun!  I know at the moment it's full of security issues and cheats for the games,  something I'm hoping to learn about and fix. I'd also love to add more paths and easter eggs. 

Later!
Onward!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

playing with color in powershell python

JavaScript Ascii animation with while loops and console.log

playing with trigonometry sin in pygame